Last updated : April 13, 2019
Dot Dating (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates Dot Dating mobile application (the “Service”, “Services” or “App”).
Dot Dating is a global app, and your information will be sent to and used in the United States regardless of the country you reside in. This Policy explains how we protect your personal data when we transfer it overseas, so please read very carefully!
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Services
When you create an account with us, we may ask you to provide us with some Personally Identifiable Information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to :
– First & Last Name (public) : This is how people on Dot Dating identifies you.
– Gender (public) : Your gender is used to show you relevant profiles.
– Date Of Birth (private) : We collect your Date Of Birth to determine if you are 18 years old or above. Our Services are intended for use only by individuals over the age of 18. Individuals under 18 years of age should not use or access the Website and the Service. Your Date Of Birth is not publicly visible on our Services, However your age will be publicly visible
On our Services.
– A Password for your account (private) : We recommend you using a password with at least 6 characters having a combination of capital letters, small letters, numbers and special characters (!@#$%). It is your responsibility to keep your password safe and secure. We are not responsible for any unauthorised parties accessing your account by any illegal activities including but not limited to: Stealing your password or hacking into your account
– After you create an account with us, we will ask you some of your personal information such as :
Your marital status (public), looking for (public), your smoking and drinking habits (public) & your ethnicity (public). We collect this information to make our Services better and improve user experience. If you don’t want to disclose such information publicly, you can simply select “No Answer” when we ask you these questions. Some of the information you choose to provide us may be considered “special” or “sensitive” in certain jurisdictions, for example your racial or ethnic origins, sexual orientation and religious beliefs. By choosing to provide this information, you consent to our processing of that information.
– Photos (public by default) : You need to upload at least one public photo (set as profile photo) to use our Services. You can upload more photos of yourself and “set them as private” if you wish, by default any photo uploaded by you is publicly visible. Photos set to private are not clearly visible publicly. You can share your private photos when you get asked by users to show them private photos. Once you allow a user to view your private photos, you can’t set as private for him or her. However, your photos will be private for other users.
– Bio (public) : Adding a bio to your profile is optional and not required to use our Services. Do not include any of your personal information in your bio. We are not responsible for the collection of your personal or sensitive information displayed publicly on your Bio. For more information, Please read our Safety & Community Guidelines.
– Education & Work (public) : Adding an education or work details to your profile is optional and not required to use our Services.
– Phone number (private) : We ask your phone number to verify your account & prevent our Service from fake registrations.
– When you make a purchase through a platform such as iOS or Android, you provide us or our payment service provider with an information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information. We use Apple Pay for iOS platform, and a combination of Google Pay and Third Party Payment Gateway solutions such as Stripe and CCAvenue for Android.
– We collect information in various other ways such as but not limited to :
When you participate in surveys, contact our customer care team through an online forms submission or email conversations including follow up emails, If you ask us to communicate with or otherwise process information of other people (for example, if you ask us to send an email on your behalf to one of your friends), we collect the information about others that you give us in order to complete your request.
– We also monitor and process your chats when required to keep our community safe, as part of the operation of our services
– Other platforms might pass along the information about you when you view the pages or engage with our advertisements on other platforms.
– We collect information about your activity and how you engage with other users such as but not limited to :
Time & Date you logged in, Number of times you logged in, Geographical areas from where you are logged in, action you take on profiles, how and when you engage with other users, the number of times you send and receive messages, features you’ve been using, advertisements you click on.
– We collect information about the device(s) you use to access our services, including but not limited to :
IP Addresses, Device ID and type, app crashes, Software and OS versions and types, time zones and other similar technologies which may uniquely identify your browser or system
– Information collected with your permission such as but not limited to :
If you allow geolocation access permission, we may collect your precise location (with longitude and latitude). We may collect your geolocation in the background even when you are not using the app, if you have allowed the permission for it. If you don’t allow geolocation access permission, we will not collect it.
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
– We collect your data for various purposes such as :
To provide and maintain our service
To help you show recommended profiles
To improve our services
To build new services & features
To provide seamless experience across different types of devices
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
To ensure legal compliance
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
To detect, prevent and address technical issues
To notify you about changes to our Service
– With other users : When you create your account with us, your profile is publicly visible to other users. Make sure you only share or upload the information you are comfortable sharing with other users since neither you or we have control over what other users do with your publicly visible information.
– Third party service providers : We use third parties to help us operate and improve our services. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including data hosting and maintenance, analytics, customer care, marketing, advertising, payment processing and security operations.
– Merger, acquisition, sale or bankruptcy : We may disclose and sell personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business or a portion of the business of our Website, including a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, bankruptcy or sale of assets or other corporate change of our direct or indirect parent companies that affects us.
– Cooperating with legal parties & law enforcement : We will cooperate with all third parties to enforce their intellectual property or other rights. We will also cooperate with law enforcement enquiries from within or outside your country of residence where we are required to by law or to protect the vital interests of a person. This may include preserving or disclosing any of your information, including your Registration Information, if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to comply with a law or regulation, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues e.g. through anti-spam providers to protect the service from criminal activity or to protect our rights or property or those of third parties. In such cases we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
– Moderators : To monitor activity on the apps and approve content.
– Advertisers : Your non-personally identifiable information may be collected by advertisers on our app.
– The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We are not responsible or liable to any breach of security, damage to your device, or any loss or unauthorized use or your account or other data.
By using the App, you acknowledge that Dot Dating is a global app operating through servers located in a number of countries around the world, including the United States. If you live in a country with data protection laws, the storage of your personal data may not provide you with the same protections as you enjoy in your country of residence.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
– Firebase : Firebase is analytics service provided by Google Inc.
We also encourage you to review the Google’s policy for safeguarding your data: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245. For more information on what type of information Firebase collects, please visit please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and as permitted by applicable law. To protect the safety and security of our users on and off our services, we implement a safety retention window of three months following account deletion. During this period, account information will be retained although the account will not be visible on the services anymore.
In practice, we delete or anonymize your information upon deletion of your account (following the safety retention window), unless:
We must keep it to comply with applicable law (for instance, some “traffic data” is kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations);
there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behavior or security incidents from opening a new account.